Avoid Cemac permit Fraud
I was informed that some individuals in Africa and other countries outside Cemac zone were easily cheated, scammed and robbed of their hard earned money by unscrupulous and dubious brokers who are not licensed to handle Cemacpermit matters in Africa. The brokers make these people believe that they have the power to give them an export permit from Cameroon even when there is not any legal contract between them.
The trade which is referred to here is the importation of goods into Cemac zone countries for commercial purposes (business) using a Cemac permit through Cameroon’s port of Douala, which is known as the country’s economic capital.
1. Know the trade coming from your country.
The first thing to do when importing a product into the country is to learn about it. This may sound like common sense, but it’s important to have an understanding of what you are doing. In order for your business to be successful and profitable, you must know what products are needed in your region and how much they cost. The more information you have about your trade, the better you will be able to manage it properly and avoid fraud/illegal activities such as:
- Cemac permit fraud (which we will discuss later)
- Black market trading
2. Check if you need a Cemac permit.
If you are traveling from one Cemac zone country to another, you need a Cemac permit. However, if you are only traveling within one Cemac zone country and not leaving that country, then no permit is needed.
While some countries require citizens of other countries to have their documents checked at the border before entering or exiting (such as in Kenya), others do not require border checks for travelers from non-Cemac nations visiting those countries (such as in Botswana).
For example: if someone were planning on taking an overland journey across Africa starting in South Africa, continuing through Namibia and ending up in Zimbabwe they would need a CEMAC permit because they’d be traveling between two different zones.*
3. Find out if the company has been registered at the area of origin.
- Find out if the company has been registered at the area of origin.
- Know that it is important to know if the company is registered at the area of origin.
- Make sure you know that it is important to know if the company is registered in CEMAC zone, as well as at its country level.
4. Check if the broker is certified to operate in your country.
The fourth and final tip to avoid cemac permit fraud is to check if the broker is certified to operate in your country. This is usually done by checking their website or visiting their office or meeting point, you want someone who looks like they know what they are doing. They should be able to answer all your questions with ease, especially if they have experience working with foreigners.
The fifth and final tip to avoid cemac permit fraud is that you need to check if the broker has been licensed by CEMAC zone countries’ governments as well as your own government before doing business with them.
5. Check if the broker is certified to operate in Cemac zone countries.
The CEMAC zone countries are: Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo and Equatorial Guinea.
CEMAC zone countries are located in the heart of Africa. The area covers an area of about 24 million square kilometers (9.3 million square miles) and has a population of about 80 million people.
6. Make sure your documents are valid to avoid being fined or jailed.
- Make sure your passport is valid.
- Make sure your visa is valid.
- Make sure your driver’s license is valid.
- Make sure you have the correct documents to travel to the country you are going to. If you don’t, it could lead to fines or jail time for not having proper documentation when entering a foreign country like Cameroon.
7. Make sure you have a valid passport, visa and driver’s license to cross the border of any country in Cemac zone without any stress or problem.
- Make sure you have a valid passport, visa and driver’s license to cross the border of any country in Cemac zone without any stress or problem.
- It is also very important that you make sure your documents are up to date with the latest stamps before traveling anywhere within the Cemac area.
- To avoid any unnecessary problems at check points and crossings, it’s best to get these documents checked by a regional office before traveling into another country within cemac area
8. Ensure you do not leave your nation with fake documents because you will be arrested, fined or jailed on arrival without ever going back home again.
Fake documents are a serious crime, and you could go to jail or be deported if you are caught with them. If this happens, you will not be able to return home again.
Do your research properly before you travel abroad for any business venture
- Do your research properly before you travel abroad for any business venture
- Before travelling to any country, please make sure that you know the laws of that country. You should also know the laws of the countries from which you are travelling and those through which you are traveling.
With all that said, I hope this article has been helpful to you. If you have any questions or would like to know more about Cemac Permit fraud, please don’t hesitate to contact me by phone at +237 675915154 or visit us I look forward to hearing from you soon!